Suggestions on preparing your wagyu steak
There are a few tips to prepare the best eating experience. Please see a few pointers below.
- Cut your steak according to your preferred thickness. We recommend cutting into 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch steaks. Of course, you are always welcome to cut an even thicker steak!
- Season your steak sparingly with some salt and pepper. We do not want to over season the steak because it will cover the delicious Wagyu taste.
- Let your seasoned steak sit out at room temperature for about an hour. The reason for this step is so you are able to cook your steak evenly to that precious medium rare!
- Heat your pan on medium high with a sprinkle of oil. You will not need much oil as the fat from the Wagyu will melt into the pan allowing you to cook your steak with its own juices.
- Once the pan is heated, place your steak in the center for about 1 minute (depending on thickness, cook longer if thicker).
- After about 1 minute, when you can see the juices on the top of the steak form, flip the steak. Please note that with all steaks, not only Wagyu, it is extremely important that you only flip the steak once. Cook on this side for about 30 seconds and remove from heat. The residual heat will keep cooking your steak.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.